Bread rolls, homemade, crusty.
Ingredients for dough:2 tsp (7g) dried yeast
✔ 1 tsp sugar
✔ 1/2 cup (125 ml) warm milk
✔ 1 cup (250 ml) warm water, approx
✔ 4 cups (600 g) plain flour
✔ 0,5 tsp salt
✔ 2 tbsp olive oil
✔ 1 tbsp cornmeal (corn flour)
✔ 2 tsp plain flour, extra
1. Combine yeast, sugar, milk and water in small bowl. Cover and stand in a warm place about 10 minutes or until frothy.
2. Sift flour and salt into a large bowl, add combined yeast mixture and oil; mix into a soft dough.
3. Knead dough on a floured surface for around 10 minutes or until smooth and elastic. Place dough in an oiled bowl and cover tightly, stand in a warm place for about 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
4. Turn dough onto a floured surface, knead until smooth. Divide dough into 8 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball, place on greased oven trays. Cover loosely with a tea towel, stand in a warm place about 20 minutes or until doubled in size.
5. Brush rolls with a little extra milk, sprinkle with combined cornmeal and extra flour. Place the rolls in a cold oven, turn to moderately hot, bake about 25 minutes or until rolls are browned and sound hollow when tapped.